When the winter doldrums hit, you may look for different activities around the house to stay occupied. Luckily, there are plenty of indoor DIY home improvement projects you can complete to renovate, refurnish and improve the aesthetics of your home, while still saving you money.
Due to everyday wear and tear, furniture can start looking shabby over time. For this reason, you may want to keep an eye on both its appearance and comfort. If you notice that the couch you love or table you can’t bear to part with needs work, some minor maintenance may be in store.
- If your couch cushions start to sink, you may want to purchase some extra foam or other padding to even them out. All you need to do is cut it to size and insert the foam into the cushion, and zip it back up. It should seem good as new.
- If a piece of furniture has a rip or tear in the upholstery, some easy fixes would be to sew it up, apply a patch or invest in a slipcover. If the piece is made of leather, a leather repair kit can be purchased for a relatively low price in most stores.
- Repairing a broken furniture chair leg may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually an easy DIY home project. Drilling a new hole near the old tapped hole takes seconds, and can extend the life of your furniture – saving you a considerable amount of money.
Beautifying your home’s interior
While you may not initially consider it, the winter season could be a great time to fix up the inside of the home. You may spend a lot of time in the summer making the outside look nice, but the inside shouldn’t be neglected.
- Give the living room a fresh coat of paint, as this could give the space a very different feel with minimum work. It can also make the room appear cleaner, by covering up fingerprints and other flaws.
- Rearranging furniture is also a fun task. This provides endless combinations to give your home a different look, while not costing a penny.
If you need certain supplies to tackle DIY weekend projects around the home, the cost can add up quickly if you’re not careful. Sometimes, the expenses can be too much to afford comfortably, and you can rack up a considerable balance at the checkout counter. Be money smart; try the above money saving suggestions from us. We understand your needs and we want to help, Omni Financial also offers military home improvement loans so you can upgrade and improve your home, and possibly its value! Remember, one of the smartest investments is investing in your residence.