Military families that want to throw a St. Patrick’s Day party for friends and family don’t have to break the bank. A party can be easy and fun, and if you plan correctly, it could be quite affordable. To make your party a success, try these creative, budget-friendly ideas.
There are plenty of inexpensive items you can purchase for your party. Remember, you don’t need to provide an eight-course meal to keep your guests happy.
- Hors d’oeuvres are a cheap and easy way to provide food. Sandwiches, chips, pretzels, and other snacks are affordable and always a favorite.
- Generic sodas and other beverages can be bought in bulk, and they are typically low-cost options.
- Paper plates are affordable and make for an easier cleanup. This also goes for utensils.
- Encouraging guests to bring food plates can be a good idea. This will help you not have to spend too much, and your friends and family will feel more of a part of the event.
Fun additions to the event
Many things can be added to the event to give it a more festive atmosphere. They are usually rather inexpensive, and will make the party more fun for everyone.
- Food coloring is a great option. With St. Patrick’s Day, getting a bunch of green food coloring can be fun. This will make your drinks green, as well as any cakes or other treats. Be creative, as it can make you feel even better about your effort.
- Adding affordable wall-hangings and streamers could also be fun. It is an easy way to make everything more fit for a party.
While you may have enough cash available to throw a party, it may be the case that you are struggling to pay more serious expenses. This is common for many military families, but you shouldn’t worry. There are plenty of ways to get the help you need. Speaking to Omni Financial may be a great option, as they can give you proper advice on how to remedy the situation.