Graduating from Navy boot camp is a true accomplishment. It signifies that a person has completed basic training, learned the ideals of honor, courage, and commitment, and is ready to continue to an apprenticeship. They are now a United States Sailor.
If you have a loved one who is graduating Navy boot camp you are undoubtedly proud of their achievement and may be looking for ways to honor your sailor. Whether you want to surprise him or her after the Pass-In-Review (PIR) ceremony, or are planning a party for the graduate at a later date, here are some unique and inexpensive ideas to help you acknowledge this very special occasion.
– You probably won’t find a Navy boot camp graduation card in your typical card store. Fortunately there are several online retailers that offer many great choices. Check out GreetingCardUniverse.com and Zazzle.com. Not sure of what to write in the card? This Hallmark blogger shares some tips.
– Show off your pride with PIR graduation ribbons that can be pinned to a shirt or jacket. Customize them with the Division number, name and/or title (Proud Mom, Dad, Sister, etc.). Order them online or make the ribbons yourself like this creative Navy mom.
– Desserts with Naval themes are the perfect sweet treats for your graduation party table. For inspiration, take a look at these U.S. Navy cupcakes and cookies, and magnificent Navy cake. PartyPro.com has customized edible icing art that you can order and add to your own 9″ x 13″ cake, and Etsy has U.S. Navy cupcake toppers that can be used to decorate any type of cupcake.
U.S. Navy Insignia Chocolate Lollipops
– Chocolate lollipops that feature the U.S. Navy insignia are fun party favors. Make your own with these lollipop molds from GetSuckered.com. Even better? Military families can receive 10% off!
Themed Tableware and Decorations
– Transform your entertainment space into a party paradise with nautical, U.S. Navy, or patriotic themed tableware, drinkware and decorations including balloons, centerpieces, banners, and more. Since themed products are typically more expensive than solid colors, you may want to consider sticking with simple navy blue and white plates, cups, and napkins. You’ll be able to save a little money and will be able to use any extra items for other occasions. For an extra touch, you can decorate solid colored plastic cups and balloons with U.S. Navy emblem stickers.
Congratulations to your sailor on this important milestone!
For more Navy boot camp graduation celebration ideas, visit our Pinterest page.