Central Recovery Office – 719 W. Rowan Street Fayetteville, NC 28301
Omni Financial®, a leader in the military consumer finance industry for over 50 years, has immediate openings for a Recovery Specialist for our Fayetteville, NC office.
We are a military oriented business and welcome the opportunity to employ people associated with the military. We offer competitive salaries, generous annual leave time, (vacation/sick/personal) package, paid holidays, 410k and medical plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We work in a friendly office environment and everyone is on a first name basis. Dress is business casual. We are located two blocks from the Airborne and Special Forces Museum downtown Fayetteville.
What We Do:
Omni does one thing – improve the lives of active duty and retired military personnel by providing them consumer loans to help deal with emergencies, bills, home repairs, travel expenses, education, car repairs and more. When others say no, we love to say yes with fast, friendly, and trustworthy service.
Why Join Omni?
We want to improve as many lives of active duty and retired military personnel as possible with fast, friendly, trustworthy service. And to do that, we must hire people with the drive, desire and talent to grow the business. We offer a competitive employment package that includes:
- Competitive base pay plus monthly bonus
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical and life insurance
- 401 (k)
- We will train you in the military lending business
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews charged off and open account records to determine which customers must be contacted for collection of past due payments and assigns such accounts to self and subordinate recovery specialists. Uses multiple lawful collection techniques to maximize collections and achieve objectives including skip tracing, and telephone contact.
- Reviews charged off and opened account records to determine that accounts are being properly worked.
- Recommends telephone techniques used by Recovery Specialists and provides specific guidance regarding money management proposals, bankruptcies, payment and settlement agreements.
- Verifies accuracy of accounts. Maintains customer database on computer for updated demographic information and ensures that self and all other collectors in collection notes into system.
- Authorizes and supervises accounts for repossession and sale against debtors.
- Determines and recommends accounts to be drafted for payment.
- Assists subordinates and sister offices with location of debtor accounts and collection activities in difficult cases.
- Request collection letters to be sent to debtors.
- Completes or assists in the completion of insurance claims for debtors.
- Completes bankruptcy claims including follow up with attorneys.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Recommends accounts to be turned over to outside collection agency.
- Outstanding people skills and a can-do attitude.
- Possess a strong command of the English language with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and detail oriented. If you are not a person who pays attention to details then this position is not for you.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong initiative and demonstrated organization/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Associates degree or higher or 2 or more years equivalent job experience
- Good personal credit
- Strong attendance and punctuality record
- Reliable transportation
- Must be bondable – background investigation required
- Prior collection work experience
- Prior Military service or working with Military service members.
Job Type: Full-time
- Collections: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Fayetteville, NC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to HR at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a disability, and any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.