Military Voters: Request Your Absentee Ballot!

Military Voters: Request Your Absentee Ballot!

How To Vote When You’re In The Military

Election Day is fast approaching and Americans are getting ready to cast their ballots for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, state and local elections throughout the U.S. Are you prepared to vote and take part in the democratic process?
If you are a member of the military, you and your qualified family members are eligible to vote by mail using an absentee ballot. That means that you can exercise your right to vote no matter where you are living – whether you have recently moved to a new installation or are deployed overseas.
Absentee ballots are counted the same way as ballots that are cast at polling sites. But if you want to begin the absentee voting process for the 2016 elections, you should get started right away.
Every vote counts. Make sure your voice is heard – here’s how:

  • Request a ballot
    • You can register to vote and request an absentee ballot by filling out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).  Visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website to complete the application using the online assistant, or print and fill out the PDF version. In addition, you can visit your nearest military installation, U.S. consulate or embassy to pick up a hard copy of the application. The Overseas Vote Foundation also enables you to register to vote and request an absentee ballot.
    • It is important to keep in mind your state’s voter registration and ballot request deadlines. Visit Overseas Vote and look up your state to ensure that your registration and request are received on time.

For more information on how servicemembers can participate in this year’s election, visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program. This Defense Department organization is dedicated to helping the military.

The information provided in this blog post is for informational purposes only.

Friendship Rewards Program
Refer a friend and get a $25 Omni Gift Card