Apply for a Military Loan Now
Omni Military Loans Blog:
10 Labor Day BBQ Ideas
Labor Day is more than just the “unofficial” last day of summer; it is a federal holiday established in 1887 to honor American workers and their social and economic contributions to our country. One of the most popular ways to celebrate the day is with a barbecue. If you’re getting ready to fire up the grill this September 1, here are some great food and décor ideas that can help make your Labor Day party a success:
- BBQ Cheddar Chickpea Burgers – Vegetarians and carnivores alike will love these delicious burgers made with chickpeas, cheddar cheese, veggies, and BBQ sauce.
- Free Labor Day BBQ Printables – Add some retro style to your Labor Day barbecue with these printables for food and drink toppers, tented cards, and an 8”x10” frameable sign. Or download these free printables for party invitations, cupcake wrappers, wine labels, and more.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce – Try this sweet, tangy, and savory barbecue sauce with grilled chicken, wings, pulled pork, and burgers.
- Honey Barbecued Ribs – Country-style pork ribs in a flavorful homemade honey mustard sauce are sure to be a hit.
- Labor Day Salads – Serve up light and healthy side dishes with a Thai Mango Salad, Cilantro & Lime Chickpea Salad, Zucchini Ribbon Salad, and Snap Peas with Cucumber and Ginger Salad.
- Labor Day Workers Cube Craft – This easy craft from Crayola can help your children learn about the true meaning of Labor Day and makes a cute table decoration for your barbecue.
- Patriotic Pound Cake – Let the kids decorate an “American Flag” pound cake covered with whipped cream, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Smoky Baked Beans – Slow cook this combination of sausage, beans, diced tomatoes, onion and seasonings to make a yummy side dish.
- The Best Burgers – Take your burgers to the next level with these 35+ Labor Day Worthy Burger recipes. From a Juicy Salsa Burger to Salmon Burgers with Dill Mayonnaise this list of links includes something for everyone.
- Watermelon Treats – Sure you could serve watermelon slices, but these are a lot more fun! All you need is watermelon, a cookie cutter, and popsicle sticks to create these simple sweet treats.
Happy Labor Day!