Army Emergency Relief (AER) Loan Alternative
Whether you have family members to support or you live on your own, emergencies can happen to anyone and at any time, including active-duty or career retired service members or officers. An Army Emergency Relief Loan can provide emergency financial assistance, however.
AER assistance may not always be an available option in all cases of emergency. Omni Financial offers a convenient, inclusive loan alternative that can help support you in emergency situations.
What is an AER loan and how does it work?
Available through the nonprofit organization Army Emergency Relief (AER), an AER loan is borrowed funds designed exclusively for active-duty service members and their dependents. Made possible through generous donations, which frequently come from service members as well as charitable aid societies throughout the U.S., AER loans are interest-free and can be used for a variety of costs that may be unexpected in nature, such as for late car payments, repairs, funeral expenses, medical bills, and emergency travel, among others. There is no floor or ceiling on how much you can borrow, so long as you can come up with the financial statements, documents, or bills that corroborate the nature of the financial emergency.
This is one of several aspects of Army Emergency Relief loans that can make them difficult to navigate and be deemed eligible for, which may make Omni Financial a better alternative. Here are a few other reasons why:
- Minimal documentation necessary for approval: A classic AER loan tends to be stricter in terms of what documents you need to verify the expense.
- More far-reaching eligibility: AER is notoriously strict in regard to who can and cannot apply for an emergency relief loan. Newly minted service members – those with 12 months or fewer in the service – are ineligible, as are service members and families who have made a loan or grant request within the previous year. Omni Financial accepts applications from all active duty service members as well as career retired service members. Additionally, those in the Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard are free to apply.
- No limits on what the loan can fund: The AER office is very particular about what the proceeds of an AER loan can and cannot go toward. For example, AER prevents you from using the proceeds for debt consolidation, credit card bills, or for vacationing purposes. At Omni Financial, our loans can be used for many needs and emergency financial reasons. Our AER loan alternatives can also be used for expenses you may incur while on regular leave.
- Get cash super-fast: In an emergency situation, every second counts. Generally speaking, an emergency financial assistance loan from AER takes at a bare minimum 48 hours between the time your application is processed and you actually obtain the funds. Omni Financial can get you the money you need in as little as a day.
- Pay funds back how you want: If you want to pay back your traditional AER loan over the phone – such as with your debit card or credit card number – you’re out of luck. You also can’t pay the amount you borrowed back with cash either. At Omni Financial, there are options and flexibilities for payment methods.
What other alternatives are available to those who don’t qualify for an AER loan?
We’re all about helping you every step of the way at Omni Financial, so if you are unable to gain approval from AER or would rather go somewhere aside from us, there are places you can go to besides loved ones or family members. These include the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society and the Air Force Aid Society. While these loan products also carry zero interest, both organizations have extensive requirements that you must qualify for to gain approval.
Why Omni Financial is a good alternative for AER alternative loans
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed: If there is one thing we stand behind it’s our quality of service. If for any reason you’re not fully satisfied, you can cancel the loan within 15 days.
- Come by or we’ll deliver direct: Omni Financial has 17 locations throughout the U.S. No matter where you are in the U.S. or globally we have you covered with 2 ways to access your cash.
- Apply conveniently and securely: Not only do we have a streamlined approval process, but the application process itself also couldn’t be more convenient. In just a few minutes, you can fill out the required information entirely online. Also, no need to worry about entering sensitive data. We leverage extensive internet security solutions to keep your private information fully protected.
Many service members choose Omni Financial in money matters. Contact us today to see why.